- Previous Programmes
Promotion of childâs right has been one of the focused working issues of the organization. The year marked consolidation of the activities of the organization to address the issues as:
1. Child trafficking
2. Education to children from marginalized communities
3. Sensitization for ending the practice of child labor.
4. Emphasis on Birth registration
5. Sensitization against Child marriage
6. Various activities as community meetings, establishment of help booths, training of various stakeholders on child protection laws and provisions for overall development of the child and mainstreaming of drop out children were carried out to protect the rights of children and promote all round development of children.
7. Networking with like minded NGOs was established to expand the outreach of project services to other blocks of the district to check trafficking of children. The Network is actively advocating for effective implementation of child rights with focus on abolishment of child labor.
8. Legal literacy on Women & Child trafficking of PRI members
9. Association was developed with Intellectuals, local leaders, Government officials and Panchayat representatives to ensure increased access to welfare schemes by the children of poor communities and to check incidences of atrocities by their employers. Alternative and innovate education Centre were run to provide alternative education to working/School drop-outs.
10. District Level Advocacy Workshop was organized to sensitize the District Administration, Police department, Welfare Department and PRI representatives on the status of child rights in the district and to develop a joint Action plan for redressal of these issues.
11.Orientation of Investigating Officer, Bihar Police was organized in the Lakhisarai District to sensitize the personal of law enforcing agency on the issue of Child & Women trafficking. The basic objective of the training was to sensitize the Investigating Officer and other police personal to bring a change in the mental attitude in lodging of FIR, Investigation of cases under appropriate IPC & acts as envisaged in the law. Secondly the training focused on building conceptual clarity on definition of trafficking and major objective causes of trafficking were covered in details.